Monday, October 26, 2009

Evaluation

Strengths:

Researching is a strength i normally have in all my work.  I enjoy the process of looking at other artists, reading related materials and making my idea stronger.  Ideas don't always come me me right away but looking at materials and going to gallery's, any kind of inspiration usually starts me in the right direction.  Processing out my steps is also something that helps and I am good at, I take many notes to help me through to fine tune my ideas.  I even take notes on exact locations, lighting angels and props I will be using it is all the process in how I work.

Weakness:

My weakness is defiantly tyring to start shooting, I enjoy it but I have to be complete with my research and process before I even start. I can never usually just go out and shoot to start a project.  I even sometimes procrastinate the shooting, I am not sure why?  I do get excited to shoot but that effort to go and just do it takes me little more.  I guess I have to feel that my idea is exact, even though sometimes shooting helps me realize something needs to change and I must re shoot.   But days I don't feel in the ready shooting mood and I don't feel things come out right when I am like that.

Resolving:

If I create more of a structured time line for my self, setting specific dates to start shooting by and start editing it seems to help the situation a bit more. Not spending too much time on the exact details may also have a different outcome of my work possibly in a good way.  A definite structure with my own due dates will help the process along.

Next Draft:

I start by listing out things of interest, and inspirations I have had lately and start to research them.  Looking at artists other work, going to gallery's and reading helps with this, at times just what is happening to me in the moment is often how I get my topic.  After I have my topic I look at works and readings that are specifically geared towards it.  I draft out the ideas to portray my topic, look at all forms of is from a fine art perspective to a editorials perspective.  I write out my details of how to show it, locations, shoot details, specific looks, if I want it to be a narrative or something completely different ect.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment