Monday, September 28, 2009

Readings

As part of my research for my idea I have been reading the classic versions of fairy tales, fables and child psychology books. I found it very interesting in society on how we changed the original stories to be less harsh, yet other aspects that were once censored are now the norm. Before it was not allowed to show Elvis Presley dancing from the hips down, thats nothing compared to what we can put on TV now. Yet old fairy tales were much more dark and grim than they are now. An example would be Little Red Riding Hood, the original story at the end of this child's tale tells how the wolf's head was chopped off and he was gutted to let grandma out, then it goes right into the "they lived happily ever after". Hansel and Gretel's story at the end where they kill the evil lady and their stepmother dies is written with more detail than stories now.

I also been looking at some videos of the stories as well, I can upon an older cartoon of Little Red Riding Hood, but she was older and sexy. I miss the old school cartoons . . . classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment